All About Our Aquatic Amigos

This is a site dedicated to the fish and other aquatic animals that are part of our family.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Snails Overrunneth....

Well, it's been difficult updating my blog because so many of my fish family have gone and new have come, so I won't bore you with the details. Currently at home, I have a golden veil angelfish, an ivory mystery snail, an albino cory, and a panda cory. At work, I had a betta, but she died and I got two male guppies (now down to one), a ghost shrimp, and one red ramshorn snail.

Now, keep in mind I said I bought only one red ramshorn snail to my tank at work, because I thought the red color was pretty. But before I knew it, I saw egg sacs on the side of my tank: I had apparently bought a pregnant snail! Those have hatched, and those babies have already bred, and on and on (with many more egg sacs waiting to hatch now), and I have segregated nearly all of them to their own bowl, where they are apparently freely breeding with each other more, all within about a month's time.

So, this post is really my plea to anyone who wants one of these snails for FREE to add to your own freshwater tank. They do help keep the tank clean! Contact me if you are interested (serious inquiries ONLY), and I'd be happy to populate the rest of America's tanks with a snail! I don't see this coming to an end anytime soon....so the more taken, the better!! (Pickup in Washington, DC metro area only)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home